10/19/2010

Classic Game Remakes

 

 Good news for Perfect Dark fans, the original game has been ported over to Xbox Live Marketplace for 800points aka $10.
 I have it and really enjoy it (considering I never had N64, only PS1), it's an exact remake; nothing fancy has been added besides online co-op / multiplayer. Graphics have been slightly upgraded but the mechanics are fundamentally the same, aside from controls. The controls have been greatly improved with the addition of a second joystick, so it plays like your average Halo or C.o.D.


 On the other hand we have Goldeneye... Often regarded to be the best FPS ever, it has finally been given the "go ahead" to be remade. Unfortunately it's not being "ported" in the traditional sense, instead they're planning on remaking it from scratch and adding all kinds of crazy new stuff.
  Remember the last time they said they were going to do that? They turned out an epic piece of crap called Goldeneye: Rogue Agent; initially supposed to be some sort of follow up to the original it quickly turned into a forgettable pile of shit.
  The worst part about this newest remake is that it's only for Wii... the console with the smallest online gaming network. You'd think a game like this would need XBL or PSN to survive, but apparently Eurocom (Developer) feels too high and mighty for the majority of us.


Just a side note: I am not a fan boy, I own all 3 systems, I didn't base this off of jealousy.






29 comments:

  1. Not really sure how I feel about the Goldeneye "remake", but the Perfect Dark port sounds amazing, even if just for updated controls. Shooters pre-double-analog days are painful to play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't played either of those, but the remake for Perfect Dark sounds kinda neat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I will be getting the Goldeneye remake thing, sure it won't have Pierce Brosnan or anything, but who knows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. golden eye will be boss if they dont mess with it too much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still can't unsee his lopsided face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aaaah i want my N64 again! need to play goldeneye one last time before they ruin it :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. nintendo 64 is by far the best console evar!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree with you, I'd much rather see a Goldeneye remake on all consoles rather than just Wii, but even as a console exclusive to one of the other two the online play would still be better than on Wii FriendConnect... or whatever they're calling it these days.

    I haven't played my Wii online once, ever. It's too much hassle for a gamer who loves good games yet has little time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. never played the first golden eye. i was all about the ps1. but i'll try it once it hits the wii.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never really played golden eye, I think I should.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Goldeneye. Hopefully they don't mess it up by adding new stuff to it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hopefully they make golden eye just ask good as the original or somebody might get hurt

    ReplyDelete
  13. god i loved both those games. tons of hours with friends playing multiplayer

    ReplyDelete
  14. Omg, used to play goldeneye for hours...
    Was brilliant xD

    ReplyDelete
  15. should post something new bro...

    ReplyDelete
  16. His hand on the side of the gun looks like a really long mouth

    ReplyDelete
  17. Unfortunately the prequel to perfect dark (the second game) was really bad... A newer version with better graphics and a redone plot would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha my boyfriend loved the original Golden eye XD

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm looking forward to the Goldeneye remake, though I'm gonna look at the reviews and maybe rent before I buy. It looks like they're changing too much.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wait, it's been giving the green light to be remade?
    Why isn't RARE making it?

    ReplyDelete
  21. CANT UNSEE JAMESBOND LOPSIDED FACE

    ReplyDelete
  22. remaking a classic game is like throwing yourself into a pit of venomous snakes. it doesn't end well for the devs because the nostalgia-blinded people will always think the game isn't good enough.

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh snap, time to get my xbox360 fixxed.

    ReplyDelete
  24. PD has taken WEEKS of my life.

    ReplyDelete